The AAP maintains a culture of social responsibility and developing initiatives geared toward conference attendees that positively impact the community and directly benefit children.
Register for the AAP conference and join us in making a difference to so many!
Green Meeting Efforts
Please join us in our efforts to make this event carbon neutral!
- Use recycled and FSC certified paper, including earth-friendly inks in all of our marketing materials
- Use signs onsite that are made of 100% post-consumer products and are biodegradable
- Recycle all badge holders, totebags, and exhibitor leftover materials
- Donate products to the local community
- Provide tote bags made from recycled products
- Avoid serving bottled water
- Use freight and shipping and shuttle/transportation companies that offset their emission waste
- Use china or biodegradable materials at food functions
- Eliminate all onsite printing stations — provide attendees access to handouts electronically
- Use organic and locally grown produce
- Provide exhibitors with a paperless service manual
- Provide recycled pens and notepads to attendees
- Provide recycling centers in the convention center and headquarter hotels
- Provide an opportunity for attendees to offset their carbon waste by donating $10 to plant a tree
How can you help?
- Turn off lights and television when leaving your hotel room
- Reuse linen and towels
- Use public transportation instead of taxis
- Walk whenever possible between meeting venues
- Use the refillable water bottles provided by the AAP instead of purchasing bottles of water
- Recycle in the appropriate bins provided
- Donate $10 so that the AAP can plant a tree to offset your carbon footprint